- Primal Groudon gets the new ability Desolate Land. Desolate Land creates the new weather effect "harsh sunlight". This is different than the "strong sunlight" generated from Drought or Sunny Day. Harsh sunlight completely nullifies ANY water moves rendering them useless. It also stays in effect the entire time Primal Groudon is in play and weather changing attacks do not affect it. It would seem the only way to nullify it would be to bring in a Primal Kyogre...
- Primal Kyogre gets the new ability Primordial Sea. Primordial Sea creates the new weather effect "harsh rain". Like harsh sunlight, this is a powered up weather effect. It completely nullifies fire moves and attacks that change weather.
- Primal Groudon gets the new signature move "Precipice Blades" and Kyogre gets "Origin Pulse".
- Although this isn't mentioned in the video, I would like to point out that ability activation is based on speed. That means if Groudon is sent out the same time as Kyogre and they both Primal revert, then Primal Kyogre would activate Primordial Sea, but then Primal Groudon (being slower) would nullify it with Desolate Land. This means that Primal Kyogre would not be able to use any water moves. Primal Groudon is confirmed to be Ground/Fire, but this 4x weakness to water wouldn't matter if water couldn't be used. It seems that Groudon is now on Kyogre's level.
- The video also highlights Rayquaza, but doesn't show anything new about it. This makes me think there is something that is going to be special about Rayquaza either announced soon or when the games come out.
|Who said Kyogre was better? Ready to eat those words?|
UPDATE: It has also been confirmed that we will be getting a Demo for ORAS soon. Anything obtained in the demo will be transferable to ORAS once they come out. Niiiiiice. I'll post a release date when it is available.