|Just kidding guys. Chill.|
Just like before I will be attempting to predict the usefulness of each of the newly revealed Megas. I will be rating them on their play-ability and design, as these are the two things that really govern if we will be seeing them or not. Basically, if someone is using it, they are using it because it's really good or looks cool.
|Maybe those rips in his cape wouldn't|
be there if he trimmed his elbow talons.
- Design: 4 out of 5. It took me a day to warm up to the design. One of the first leaked pictures had his arms at a different angle and it made his blades look dull. The picture I included gives a better view and I like him more for that. He still has crazy hips though. I guess since he's a knight you can be sure that his hips won't lie.
- Usefulness: 1 out of 5. I really just don't see it right now. Pretty much everything he could do is done better by Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Medicham. In a non-legendary tournament, he has more status and support moves that Mega Medicham, so maybe that will be useful? I dunno.
- Overall: 2.5 out of 5.
|Arr.. I'll keelhaul ye!|
- Design: 4.5 out of 5. I really enjoy the design. The only problem I have was it still has no tail. I know I'm being nit-picky.. but a shark with no tail has always bothered me. I know Sharpedo is more propelled by shooting water out of its rear (Ew) like a torpedo. That doesn't mean I have to like it.
- Usefulness: 3 out of 5. I'm optimistic here. Trying to compete with Mega Gyarados for a team slot is tough, but I feel Mega Sharpedo is different enough to warrant it some consideration. One thing it can do that Mega Gyarados can't do really well is hold it's own against many Fairy types. Access to Poison Jab is nice.
- Overall: 3.75 out of 5.
|Somehow even less camel like than|
- Design: 2 out of 5. I'm being kind of generous here. It went from a dopey cow with some volcanoes on it's back pretending to be a camel to being a smug volcano backed corgi. I like the area around the volcano, as the blue circles on Camerupt never made sense to me, but that's about it. Well, and the "M" on it's head. That makes it clear it's the Team Magma "go to guy". I kind of wish Mega Sharpedo had a stylized bone "A" on it somewhere.
- Usefulness: 0 out of 5. Yea. I went there. I'm one of the first guys who will try to make a pokémon work. I want to make a fun moveset for every pokémon to perform to the best of their abilities, but right now I have nothing for this guy. I can't figure out how I could use it effectively at all. I gladly welcome ANYONE to propose ANYTHING to make this guy useable. Once ORAS comes out, do some battles with him and post the battle video codes. I would love to see anything making this guy seem less tragic.
- Overall: 1 out of 5. Ouch.
Well there you have it! The most recently released Megas for ORAS. Here's hoping for more! I'm still holding out for Mega/Primal Regigigas. You can also see what I thought of Mega Altaria, Mega Salamence, etc.