- Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transporter were released and have, so far, been a huge success, at least in my opinion. The trial still runs for a couple more days, so you can still utilize the free period to migrate your pokémon from Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 up to X and Y. It's not quite the seamless process many had hoped, as you can only migrate one box at a time (specifically Box 1). However, it is a much quicker process than the minigames used in past pokémon generations. In addition to this, just using the system once gives you a free Celebi with the new Hold Back move. Hold Back isn't anything that special, it's basically False Swipe, but Celebi is one legendary that is few and far between. As an added bonus, you are the OT of this Celebi so you can name it AND it is guaranteed to have 3 31 IVs. The IV aspect is something our competitive players will definitely appreciate. If you like to collect as many pokémon, formes, etc as possible than there is NO REASON no to get this software. It only costs $4.99 a year to use and it will allow for transfer and storage from all future games. If I were to give this a rating I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5. 1) The only negatives are you can't see the actual pokémon stored, so the only way you can detect shinies are by the "star" symbol, 2) you can't store items, and 3) you can only migrate 1 Box at a time with Transporter.
- The Team KO Online Type Tournament was held on February 1st and everyone had a great time! Type Tournaments are tournaments where a player gets randomly assigned a type and has to raise a team of pokémon where they all share at least one type. Think of it as Gym Leader style battling. For more on the results of this tournament, check the Team KO Facebook Page Or...
- The Team KO Podcast is being created by Team KO member Micheal W. This podcast will discuss topics ranging from the TCG, video game, and much more! In fact, the next episode to be produced will be discussing the recent type tournament, so if you're interested in fun video game formats it will be a real can't miss episode!
- Pokémon Global Link just held their first X and Y competition last weekend open to primarily people who participated in the last Black 2 White 2 Tournament, and it was a big step up from previous online competitions. As a participant, I saw WAY fewer disconnects as now disconnecting counts as a loss. In my opinion, that's how it should have been to begin with. Either that or have a specific count for disconnects and if someone meets a maximum have them disqualified. The rules for this tournament were someone odd compared to previous online tournaments held via Global Link. Specifically, it allowed for multiple pokémon of the same species to battle. For example, I played one match VS 6 Ditto. Very odd indeed. Battle Videos will be posted this weekend to highlight some of my matches during the tournament. By downloading these matches you can play against computer controlled versions of my opponent's teams, so if you want to see how you might have done in the tournament, feel free to give it a shot!
- Southeastern Regionals will be held in Athens, Ga once again this year on April 5th and 6th. Once again, many Team KO members from across the southeast will be attending in both the TCG and VG tournaments. So far no event pokémon have been announced as giveaways, but we can always hope!
- Diancie, pokémon #719, has been officially released and has been confirmed to have a relationship to Carbink. However, an official distribution date has not been announced. Hackers are taking things into their own hands and have begun using a new hack device to generate Diancie, Diancie wondercards, as well as shiny versions of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. As mentioned before, Team KO has a strict stance against hacking. Do not use ANY hacked pokémon at any official Play! Pokémon event (including Team KO leagues) or you will be disqualified.
This is a lot to take in, but we have been a little tied up to be able to talk about all of this before now. Hopefully, in the future it will be a little easier to tear away from Kalos for a couple minutes to post! There are still some megas and event pokémon yet to be officially released... and a quick web search of Diancie will lead you to them. We will post more about them once they are officially released.